Neighbouring Community Support
More than just its employees, Ol Jogi invests in the development of the larger Laikipia community through a significant number of varied community based projects.
- Maintenance of boreholes in surrounding communities, schools and health dispensaries.
- Water supply to Musul Community.
- Building of two dams to support the Il Polei and the Munichoi community
- Repair and infrastructure of water tanks and systems to the Il Polei Dispensary and Kitchen.
- Over 150 families supported from Il Polei, Munichoi and Musul Community Group Ranches by allowing community cattle grazing of over 1,200 head on Ol Jogi land.
- Educating local community ranches to rebuild their own livestock carrying capacity through holistic grazing.
- Donation of cattle to local Maasai community.
Healthcare and Safety:
- Financing and construction of a kitchen for the Il Polei Dispensary.
- Free medical attention to all Ol Jogi employees and their dependents.
- Initiate and facilitate ‘Village Clean Ups’ in collaboration with the District Health Office and other government administration offices.
- Donations and support to Nanyuki Cottage Hospital and the Nanyuki Children’s Home and Laikipia Palliative are Centre.
- Tree planting initiatives.
- Use of sniffer dogs for Stock Theft, burglaries and other community issues.
- Ol Jogi Primary School established in 1972. Additional infrastructure and continual educational services provided.
- Contributed to building the first Girls Boarding School supporting St. Francis Secondary School in Il Polei.
- Financial donations to various schooling outlets.
- Donation of motorbikes to District Education Office for easy and effective supervision of schools.
- Building of IL Polei Primary School.
- Provision of bursaries.
- Scholarship program established in 2002 with 85 scholarships given to date.
- Extensive training courses ranging from Education, Mechanics, Nursing, NPR (National Police Reserve) to Wildlife Immobilisation and Capture Course held in Zimbabwe.
- Financial support to the Twala Women’s Self-Help Group.
- Micro Finance Project.
- Financial and Practical assistance to the Naibunga Conservation Trust.
- Book donations to six primary and secondary schools in Laikipia North.